Monday, 31 July 2017
Sunday, 23 July 2017
Friday, 7 July 2017
Thursday, 20 April 2017
- According to World Bank’s report on South Asian Economy, Indian economy will claw back to 7.2 percent growth in the current financial year 2017-18 and rise further to 7.5 per cent in 2018-19.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged-off ‘Vistadome’, India’s First Train with Glass Ceiling, LED Lights and Rotable Seats
- Asia’s largest solar power plant will be set up in Rewa city of Madhya Pradesh. World Bank Group IFC has said that Madhya Pradesh has signed project agreements with solar power companies for Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Park.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries surpassed IT giant Tata Consultancy Services to reclaim its tag of India’s most valued company.
- HRD Ministry launched a ‘Fund and reform tracker’ app, with the help of which, higher education stakeholders and institutional leaders will now be able to track the progress of projects under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA).
- Naval Ship ‘INS Chennai’, a ‘P15A Guided Missile Destroyer’, has been dedicated to Chennai
- Sunrisers Hyderabad captain David Warner became the batsman with the most number of fifties in IPL after he smashed his 34th against Kings XI Punjab.
- Anil Ambani group firm Reliance Defence Limited (RDL) has entered into a strategic partnership with a leading South Korean defence major to jointly manufacture military hardware for India’s armed forces.
- The Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based annual inflation rate in March eased to 5.7%, against a three-year high of 6.55% in February.
- President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated 3rd edition of the Global Exhibition on Services (GES-2017).
Saturday, 1 April 2017
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos has become the world’s second-richest person with a net worth of $75.6 billion.
- The Lok Sabha passed all four GST related Bills.
- Global financial services major Nomura appointed Prabhat Awasthi as the new head of its India operations.
- Women employees will now be able to get paid maternity leave of 26 weeks, up from 12 weeks, as per a new law. President Pranab Mukherjee has given assent to the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017.
- Srinath Narayanan from Chennai has become India’s 46th chess Grandmaster after defeating Spanish Grandmaster David Anton Guijarro at the Sharjah Masters.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a new mobile app 8-11 to double its customer base.
- Healthcare providers apex body NATHEALTH has elected Dr Lal PathLabs Chairman & MD Dr Arvind Lal as the President of the federation for 2017-18.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 175 million loan to Power Grid Corporation to expand its solar energy transmission network in the country. Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 175 million loan to Power Grid Corporation to expand its solar energy transmission network in the country.
- Famous sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan has written a book ‘Master on Masters’ on 12 Indian musicians.
- United Nations General Secretary Antonio Guterres has appointed David Beasley as head of the Rome-based World Food Programme (WFP).
Tuesday, 28 March 2017
- Tanushree Pareek became the first woman combat officer to be commissioned in the 51-year history of the Border Security Force.
- Actor Anupam Kher has been honoured with the Kala Ratan Award by Vice President Hamid Ansari.
- HDFC Bank managing director Aditya Puri’s name has been featured in the list of world’s 30 best CEOs, published by American financial magazine Barrons.
- According to a latest report of Sydney-based aviation think-tank Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA), India’s domestic air passenger traffic stood at 100 million in 2016 and India has become the third largest aviation market in terms of domestic passenger traffic, beating Japan. America is ranked first and china second in this list.
- Ravindra Jadeja became the 10th Indian player to accomplish the all-round ‘double’ of 1000 runs and 100 wickets in Test cricket.
- Ferrari’s driver Sebastian Vettel defeated Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton to win the Australian Grand Prix title.
- China-backed bureaucrat Carrie Lam has been elected as Hong Kong’s first woman Chief Executive.
- State-run Pawan Hans has joined hands with public sector chopper maker Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) to train helicopter pilots.
- Indian men’s compound archery team won a gold medal at the 2017 Asia Cup ranking tournament.
- Mumbai’s Gauri Singhvi (14) has become the first girl to swim from Bandra–Worli Sea Link to the Gateway of India, which is a 36 km long route.