1. Reliance Industries chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani has been elected to the prestigious National Academy of Engineering, a non-profit organisation based in the US.
2. Shri R. K. Verma a 1980 batch of Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE) has assumed the charge of the post of Secretary, Railway Board. Before assuming the post of Secretary, Railway Board he was serving as adviser (Public Grievance) to the Minister of State for Railways.
3. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Ministry of Railways and Governments of Chhattisgarh for Formation of Joint Venture Companies for Development of Railway Infrastructure in Chhattisgarh State.
4. Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela was appointed the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court. He will succeed Justice Mohit S Shah.
5. The Centre will build about 900 km long road for the four Himalayan shrines of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, also known as Chardham. Union Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari made this announcement after laying the foundation stone of the 93-km Rampur-Rudrapur-Kathgodam four lane highways in Rudrapur, Uttarakhand.
6. According to CRISIL research, Indian economy is expected to grow at 7.9 percent in the financial year 2016-17. Earlier Crisil estimated a growth of 8.1 percent.
7. UK’s prestigious London School of Economics has released archival documents on Dr B R Ambedkar, one of its famous students and architect of the Indian Constitution, to mark his 125th birth anniversary.
8. Manpreeth Kaur senior won Gold while Manpreet Kaur junior took Silver medal in Women’s Shot Put at 12th South Asian Games.
9. The GIPC released the fourth edition of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce International IP Index “Infinite Possibilities”. India ranked second last in this Index. The Index mapped the IP environment in 38 economies in which Venezuela is at the last after India and America is on the top.